Sunday, April 6, 2014

April 6- Eastern NC Shad Tour

I don't have time for the long version, so here's a short summary. It was cold and blustery. The Rivers were high. I fished 3 places on the Tar River and one spot on the Neuse. At times it was a struggle. There was one flurry at Old Sparta when I caught 15 Hickory Shad in 20 minutes. Much later at Rocky Mount, I caught 3 White Shad in an hour. Other that, it was a struggle. Total Catch for the Day: 22 Hickory Shad up to 2 lbs and 3 White Shad up to 3 lbs



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cape Fear alive and well with Americans. Worth the trip if find yourself this far south.

Capt. Marty said...

Sounds great. We tried it a few years ago. We drove 200 miles one day and caught nothing! We had a great time though..... I love those Americans. Special fish..... I'm going to try the Pee Dee for them next week.