Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Oct 27- On the New Job Today

I've been tranferred to Cedar Island and I'm now working with the Big Boys! Newest boat in the fleet, MV Swan Quarter built in 2010-2011. I've got a lot to learn..... It'll be nice being home at night, that's for sure.

As for the fishing, hopefully the next fish I catch will be a King Salmon or a Steelhead. Its been a long time coming, but its time for Capt Marty to scoot 15 hours up the road and try something new. I will be standing knee deep in Lake Ontario's creek run Salmons and Trout. Please let them eat my fly......   I will be looking for my first King Salmon, my first Coho Salmon, my career best Brown Trout, and my career best Rainbow Trout. Atlantic Salmon also run these creeks but I damn sure ain't expecting to get that lucky....... I'm honestly hoping for 3 of the other 4 and I'll be lucky...

I'm hoping to check these guys off my bucket list. And hopefully this will propel me towards an Alaskan Fishing Adventure in the summer of 2016!

4 comments:

Jordan said...

Capt Mary good luck on your quest. I may be going to Alaska again next summer to focus on fishing instead of backpacking. Plan on renting one of these to cut down on costs and be able to hop all over that beautiful state. http://www.northwestvancampers.com/

There are also some good books about fishing off the roadways up there. Check them out on Amazon.

Tom Chesebro said...

When are you coming up Capt Marty?....I've got plans to make if you're coming soon...otherwise it will be deer season come 11/21 and I won't be able to go with you more than likely...Call me soon man !!!

Capt. Marty said...

Tom,

Long story but I lost a lot of my contacts. New phone etc.. Text me your phone numbers by in NY.

Tentative plan is to leave next wednesday. Staying up near Albion. But I'll be very flexible. Looking for Salmon and Trout on this trip but I'm always open to your suggestions

Capt. Marty said...

Jordan,

Man I'd love to hear about your trip! Since you are already planning your next one, I can only imagine! Give me a "species conquered" list when you get a minute!