Thursday, February 12, 2009

Feb 12 Windy Bass Fishing


It was way too windy for the Boat today so.....Chris and I went to Wal-Mart instead. Bass fishing. We also hit 2 spots in Beaufort. The fishing was much slower today. In Beaufort, I caught 2 chunky 15" Largemouth Bass on live mud minnows that I'd held hostage since December. Poor Minnows. At least I've been feeding them regularly. Chris got a nice Largemouth Bass on a Roostertail on his first cast, then he hooked up a Willow Tree and that was the end of that! The ponds at Wal-Mart were a let down. I did catch the Bluegills there however. I think our lack of strikes was partly due to the high winds that had muddied up the water at one spot and had the surface covered with pine straw at another. Total Catch for the Day: 3 Largemouth Bass and 5 Bluegill

1 comment:

Ryan said...

bass fishin at walmart, doesnt get much better than that! ha.

i cant lie though, if my local walmart had a pond with bass in it, i'd probably be all over it too.