Friday, February 13, 2009

Feb 13 Wide Open Bass Bite




I set out today with a Fly Rod and a Micro-spining Combo spooled with 2# test Ande Premium. At my first stop, I found my old pal Mark in one of my favorite Urban Mung Holes, so I took him on the Grand Tour. Unfortunately, before I caught a Largemouth Bass on the fly rod, I busted apart my only popping bug on a chain link fence. Therefore, every fish I caught was on the 2# spin tackle, a pretty fair fight! The fishing was okay, until we got a tip from a friend that steered us to a "Virgin Storm Water Run-Off Pond". This place was ON FIRE!!! I caught a Largemouth Bass on probably 7 of my first 10 casts while Mark was doing the same. Mark and I each caught a Largemouth Bass close to 2 pounds. After we caught them all (?) and a few Bluegills, we went to one more spot that I hadn't fished since October and I did okay on a few nice Pumpkinseeds. Total Catch for the Day: 25 Largemouth Bass, 4 Bluegill, and 8 Pumpkinseed.

No comments: