Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fishy Things in Baltimore
















Mike and I had a great time in Baltimore and DC. Since this is a Fishing Blog, these are a few "fishy" things we found in Baltimore's Lexington Market. We ate some "Steakfish" which evidently "sounds" more appealing than than it's real name White Hake. I also found another Hake species, the Silver Hake, being pawned off under the name of "Lake Trout." Still another family member, the Red Hake was labeled "Oyster Trout." These cousins of the coveted Atlantic Cod get absolutely no respect! By the way, the "Steakfish" is awesome. I highly recommend it. I also ate a Haddock sandwhich at Faidley's Seafood that was killer! Haddock is another of the "Cod Clan" but it must have a repectable name! Finally, it has been 20 years since I traded my ham sandwich for a Racoon sandwich with Tony Richardson while working in Durham. Seeing it on the Board brought back some memories. Greasy ones. We passed on the fried Coon and Muskrat. Lexington Market is a blast. Go there and you will be amazed by the things you see and smell. You will eat good if you ain't scared.

No comments: