Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March 10 Bluegill Frenzy







I woke up this morning and didn't have to go to work and the sun was shining so........I went fishing. Too bad that it was a little windy for the boat and the Rivers have been too high for Shad fishing. So I went Pond Fishing instead. Actually I went twice. The first trip it took me a while to find the fish, then I caught them pretty good. 3 Largemouth Bass and 2 Bluegills in about 10 minutes. After running a few errands, I came back and tried it again. This time the Bream were chewing. In less than an hour, I caught 14 Bluegills, 2 Pumpkinseeds, and 3 Largemouth Bass.. Everything was caught on ultra light spin with 2# mono and Roostertail spinners. I caught a Largemoth Bass that was close to 2 pounds and it put up a great fight with 5-6 jumps. Total Catch for the Day: 16 Bluegills, 6 Largemouth Bass, and 2 Pumpkinseeds.

No comments: