Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 11 Green Sunfish




I wanted to go look for a Salt Water Fish today, but I figured it was a little too windy, a little too cloudy, and the risk of getting shut-out was a little too great. So I met Meredith for lunch instead. After lunch, I headed to Wal-Mart to go fishing. The fishing at Wal-Mart has crashed, but I did manage to catch something I haven't caught in years. A Green Sunfish. One of my old favorites from the Barrow Pits out by Greenville Marine on Hwy 264. The summer of 1986. Back then I could catch 15 Greenies a day out of a Creek that flowed into one of the Barrow Pits. I even caught a "trophy" Green Sunfish and got a NC Freshwater Citation. Evidently a 10" Green Sunfish is a Giant One! The one I caught today was definitely not a trophy, more like a 4" baby with a big appetite. By the way, I also got 2 more NC Freshwater Citations back in the 80's for odd-ball Bream. I got one for a 9" Flyer and one for a 12" Pumpkinseed. Total Catch for the Day: 1 Green Sunfish

No comments: