Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 11 Slow Flounder Bite

The action has pretty much ground to a halt. Paul Terry didn't even make an effort. I fished all night. Pretty much 4.5 hours of fishing and caught 5 Flounders. I did manage to land a 17" Southern Flounder and lost another nice one. However, that aint quite fast enough for me. Also, there is nothing else to eat your bait. When you fish a live bait on the bottom, under lights, near heavy structure, less than a quarter mile from Hatteras Inlet, and go an hour between bites.... Thats terrible fishing! The only other bite I had was when I pretty much sight-casted a Silverside to a Stingray in the shallows. Mistake born out of boredom! But I did manage to land a 10lb Atlantic Stingray a few minutes later. Total Catch for the Night: 5 Southern Flounders up to 17" and a Atlantic Stingray

No comments: