Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6 Chopper Bluefish one more time




Chris and I made a quick trip on his boat today and tried to whack the Chopper Bluefish one more time. I'm due back at Hatteras tommorrow so I knew this would be my last run at a Citation Bluefish for 2011. The last one I weighed was 14 lbs 12 oz. Ouch.... So today, we found far less numbers. They bit good for a little while. Then they shut down. We each hooked at least 5. We actually landed 1 big Bluefish each. Nowhere near 15 lbs. Oh well. I did catch a smaller Blue on a big popper. The highlight of the day was some serious "Ray Viewing".... Total Catch for the Day: 3 Bluefish up to 2 lbs

2 comments:

Mike said...

That's a lot of rays!

Capt. Marty said...

Can you tell which one is Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini? The one on the left, with the cut over his eye!