Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 21 Largemouth Bass in Beaufort in the Morning

Before leaving for Hatteras and a week of work on the Ferry, Korey and I made one last early morning trip to "Lunkerville" and the fish were biting, just not the big ones. Between the two of us, I think we caught 9 Largemouth Bass and I had the largest at 3 lbs. Little bit of a letdown...... I did have a  big one eat my plastic worm, but I missed on my hook-set.......... I also caught a decent Bluegill on a plastic worm. I tried to use him for live bait. It was a long cast to the pot hole I was targetting. On my first cast, things were looking good! The Bluegill was running around in circles and jumping out of the water. I was getting ready to "raise my Bass Bar!" Then the Bluegill got grassed up and it was over. I reeled it in, cleaned him off, and re-cast him. Nothing. Damn. Total Catch for the Morning: 9 Largemouth Bass up to 3 lbs and 1 Bluegill

No comments: