Friday, December 30, 2011

Dec 30 Speckled Trout Limit


The title might be a little deceiving. The fishing was very strange. Fishing in a spot that was dead yesterday.... Fishing in a spot that, by all accounts has been dead for 2 weeks. Fishing in a spot that has traditionally been an early season spot for Speckled Trout.... So today I left the dock at 1130 because I was bored. Right at the top of the tide. I dropped anchor in a spot near the boat ramp, just to waste a few minutes...... First cast. Wham. A 2 lb 8 oz Speckled Trout. Second cast. Third Cast. Fourth Cast. Wham wham wham. There's my limit. Incredible. 100 casts later.... stuck on 4 Speckled Trout from 2-3 lbs each. Amazing. Could these be the last fish of 2011? Total Catch for the Day: 4 Speckled Trout up to 3 lbs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pictures then it didn't happen.

Anonymous said...

I stand corrected. It did happen