Sunday, May 6, 2012

Captain Marty Notes

A HAPPY PICTURE TO PROMOTE A POSITIVE OUTLOOK

Here it is the month of May. My back is better, I hope. There is little pain, just numbness in my right big toe. I have one more steroid injection and a couple of weeks of physical therapy. Hopefully, I will return to my job on May 22nd. Fishing hasn't been great off Beaufort Inlet. It seems the motherlode of Bonito, and possibly Cobia, have slipped by us. Its too early to tell about the Cobia, but Capt Rick Caton did see 70 in a couple of hours off Rodanthe two days ago. So, it definitely appears the first big wave has not only passed Cape Lookout, but Cape Hatteras as well....

Some of the other things that have been bothering me seem less important now... My back and getting back to work has definitely been my #1 priority. I've had support, both personally and professionally from a few good friends. Keeping the Top Water Boat running at least a few trips. Bending and lifting and pulling are going to be my challenges moving forward. Raising my tower.. I may have to consider a change of fishing styles and a change of boats in the near future. I hope not, but if I do, I had a great run in the Ocean. On the Shoals and Wrecks...

Capt Marty has a new prospect lined up too. Another Bikini Girl possibly. Definitely a water lover and a boat lover. And a "aint scared of a bikini" body! Its about time that I find that balance that I've searched for since the early 90s.... Too Good.... Too Bad.... I hope that I've had enough bad luck. Maybe I'm due for something really good to happen to me. Also, hopefully someone will help me to a Citation Bluefish in the next couple of weeks.... And a couple of Cobia. I'd like to put some meat in the freezer myself..

Capt Chris is here and I'll be home until at least May 22nd, so I am open for business. Capt Chris is perfectly capable of leading a successful sight casting charter. Call me at 252-241-8350. Open May 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope there are good things to come for you&that bikini girl must be awsome...lol

Anonymous said...

Hope she's not from Hatteras NC. That will be a great start based on your past history
.

Capt. Marty said...

That bikini girl must be awesome... Let's hope so. I should find out friday, if the weathers good! And no, she's not from Hatteras.. While we're wishing, lets hope the numbness in my toe goes away, lets hope the Cobias show up big time at Cape Lookout, AND lets hope this Bikini Girl and I get along great and she
has inner & outer beauty AND she doesn't go off the deep end and vanish into thin air... If that happens again, realistically I can say "Its a ME problem!" All them girls can't be wrong... Can they??

Anonymous said...

No the bikini girl is a talker&not a runner,but you know you may have to learn to agree or disagree at times!I don't think it's a ME problem either,so get ready&we can figure out some of the idk WHY????lol..Your past history is by no means your future!Let's say it's lessons learned&the future just maybe the best yet.... JeNN

Capt. Marty said...

JeNN.

Cant wait until Thursday so you can "figure me out"... I need help. Will you help me?

Marty

Anonymous said...

You don't need help ok!!You just need that certain 1...I think you are in for a treat&lots of the lol...js

Anonymous said...

ok...bikini girl is here,so what now

Anonymous said...

ok...bikini girl is here,so what now