Monday, May 21, 2012

May 21 Cleared to Return to Work

The worst period of My Life is coming to a close and I am about to return to my old job and my old life.... Hopefully, I wont fall into any of my old bad habits! The Downward Spiral that started on Dec 19th, accelerated on March 1st has run its course and slowed to the point that I get get back on and attempt to start this thing spinning in the right direction. Upward!  Back to Hatteras. Back to the Ferry. Back to being a Fishing Guide. This period of my life will never be forgotten..... I've had a great Physical Therapy crew over at Beaufort Physical Therapy. Ive had the steroid injections. I've got the education.. I so am ready to get out there and try and see if I can do this without hurting myself! Bring on the Ferry. Bring on the Fish.

Also, I haven't told my Legion of Fishing Followers..... On May 16th I had the worst possible thing happen to me... I missed a golden opportunity to land a 17-18 lb Bluefish. Oh Lord, it was a Citation Opportunity of a Lifetime. I sightcasted to him from the Tower with a bucktail and he grabbed it. I watched the whole thing from above. I battled him for 45 seconds... Unfortunately, he was never hooked, just had a mouthful of chartreuse hair. Finallly, on a jump he ripped the hair out and I watched him swim away, spitting out globs of hair as he hauled ass.... I was absolutely devastated...... After 24 years of chasing the dream of catching all the NC CITATIONS..... After collecting 570 Total NC Citations for 33 species.... only 4 species to go and Bluefish is one of them.... It was just as bad as Dec 19th.........It was just as bad as March 1st.........

9 comments:

Ryan said...

Good to hear, the fish are f'd now!

Anonymous said...

good luck sweety,but plz be safe&I hope to talk with you soon..JeNN

Mike said...

Glad to hear you're back. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I saw you at the Cape on Saturday, where's the report?

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're back in action...

Capt. Marty said...

Saturday at the Cape... My best friend, Chris and I felt like we needed a boat ride... I was headed back to Hatteras for the first time since March. Chris was getting ready to return to his 21 day on/21 day off schedule.. We both thought a boat ride would do us good. We grabbed some sightcasting gear "just in case"... We didnt realize just how hard it the wind was blowing, or we would've stayed home. Sorry guys... I thought I had a life-altering experience Friday afternoon. I needed a face full of cold salt spray to knock me back into reality. Chris? Not sure what he was thinking....

RESA!!!!!!!!

Great to hear from you Ryan!

Same from my brother Mike! Give me a DC date, I might just join you again!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Capt. Marty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Capt. Marty said...

Poorly worded. Criticism of one certain person from my past will not be tolerated now, back then, or at any point in the future. Period.