Saturday, August 25, 2012

Aug 23 Red Drum on Every Cast

First day home after 9 long days of shoveling coal at Hatteras.... Its been NO WIND through the period, but lots of rain however... Still, I shudder at the thought of all the King Mackerel, Red Drum, and Flounder that I missed out on. Anyway, I had a small window of op today and made a solo trip and hit the motherlode! A Red Drum on my first 14 casts. Then 3 quick Flounders. Interesting because 2 of them were Gulf Flounders including a 20" mini-mat. After that came a short lull while Stacy pedaled Steaks and Reels! Finally, as I was about to leave cane another Red Drum flurry with 3 more releases. Mid August is here and Taylor's Creek is alive! Total Catch for the Day: 17 Red Drum from 14" to 28", 2 Gulf Flounder at 15" and 20" and 1 Southern Flounder at 14"  Sorry No Camera with me and it was rainy the next day when I cleaned my fish!

No comments: