Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Citation Spanish Mackerels & RAIN RAIN RAIN

Lots of rain this morning. In a little clearing at 9am, I met my party and we decided with lots more rain upon us, to call it off until tomorrow. Good Move? We'll see tomorrow. I went on out and caught 6 dozen Menhaden just to see if they were in the same place. Obviously so.... Then my girlfriend called and said she'd like to go for a ride. I said, "Have you noticed the weather?" She said she'd love to go in the rain... So we did, we went swimming for hours as the rain beat down on us. Then the skys cleared and we went fishing. Bites were few, but they were quality. Jennifer got 2 Spanish Mackerel at 6 lbs each. I caught 2 Southern Flounder. One was 20" and the other was 16". I also caught a Red Drum. We caught some garbage as well. We were waterlogged but it was a good time. I hope I made the right move with my clients. We will know by tomorrow! Total Catch for the Day: 2 Spanish Mackerel at 6 lbs each, 2 Southern Flounder up to 3 lbs, 1 Red Drum, 1 Blacknose Shark, 1 Pinfish, 1 Remora, and 1 Bluefish

7 comments:

Austin Rogers said...

Hey Capt. Marty my brothers and I come down a few times a year and we've been out at the 315 the past few days with no luck. We were wondering where you catch menhaden ? If you don't want to post it on here you can't call/text me just ask for the number.

Chris said...

Remora? Who the hell catches remora? Sheesh. Check your email and write me back, yo.

Anonymous said...

I thought you said when J caught a decent fish we'd see it in a picture with her...? 5lb spanish is pretty respectable.

Capt. Marty said...

Austin,

The Menhaden have been really thick in the sound in front of Harkers Island for the past 2 months. Look for Dolphins and/or Pelicans and you will find acres of Menhaden. Low tide they really bunch up.

Good Luck

Capt. Marty said...

Anon,
Since it was absolutely pouring rain that morning I left my camera in the truck. The 2 Spanish Mackerel were beautiful as was "J" and it would've been a really nice picture. Hopefully next time!

Capt. Marty said...

Chris

I will get to all your questions a little later, I promise. Are you still ready to go Sunday? Would you consider switching to a day trip on Sunday or Monday as opposed to Sunday night? Just wondering, the Cedar Island bite has been pitiful. However, it is due to change anytime!

Marty

Austin Rogers said...

thanks Marty really appreciate it. Im not sure if you follow chasin tails but my brothers, there currently in 1st and 2nd place but they haven't updated for the 2nd place. check him out on there website 1st place ( Daniel )