Friday, August 3, 2012

Is Capt Marty a Jerk?

A couple weeks ago I got an email from a complete stranger that was simply asking "where to go throw a cast net to catch a few shrimp"..


Captain Marty,
Thank you for the advice! We scored on our 1st try!! We didn’t catch big ones, but we did learn the difference between a shrimp and finger mullet jumping across the surface! We caught our limit of 100, and that paired with a nice flounder my son managed to catch while we were searching (20”flounder) made a nice supper that night for my and me! I’ve attached a picture. We went to Oyster Creek just past Davis! We made a day of it… we traveled all the way to Thorofare Bay. We were not sure about the boat ramp there at the bridge so we turned around and went back to Oyster Creek! Have you ever used that boat ramp? It looked very shallow, and I do not have a 4wd truck, so I didn’t want to risk getting stuck. Anyway, the area down east is nice! I like that laid back atmosphere! I believe we will be traveling that way a little more often now!
Are there any public boat ramps on Cedar Island? We are thinking of doing a day trip up there one day for a little fishing and pleasure boating.
Anyway, thanks again!
John W.

This is the follow-up email that I just got. Makes me feel really good and it sounds like John and his little boy have found a fun and productive new hobby and a great new way to build a strong relationship. Unfortunately, now I'll have to brace myself for the avalanche of criticism that I'll get for "giving out secrets".  Give me a break...... I help people out ALL THE TIME, yet I hear constant crap about what a jerk I am on the water. To those people, all I got to say is Good Luck and Keep your Distance, that way I can't see what you're NOT catching. Empty fish boxes bring out the worst in my fishing enemys, combatants, and competitors, especially the "yellow bouy  fleet". I'm certainly not afraid to post up my daily fishing reports (with pictures).

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my favorite jerk and most interesting fishing blogger on the sea.

Anonymous said...

I've seen you jerk a line with very good results.

Capt. Marty said...

Everybody has to be remembered for something!

Anonymous said...

I have no marty for a while he's forgotten more than most

Billy Bob said...

Can you post some naked pics of yourself for my wife and her girlfriend. Thanks, Bob

Capt. Marty said...

Billy Bob,

I don't think naked pics of my would help my fishing business. And this is a fishing blog. Sometimes we get sidetracked, but lets try to keep it fishy. The new Ms Marty doesn't like the extracurricular activity one iota. So, it all fishing now Bob. Is that okay, or should I send you to Deletedsville?

Capt. Marty said...

Salt?

Anonymous said...

Naked pics of Capt. Marty? sounds pretty fishy to me.

BillyBob said...

Salty oysters

Billy Bob said...

Is that ok or should I send you to Delettown? Love, Bob

Capt. Marty said...

Thats okay Bob. Lets go fishing soon

BillyBob said...

Show me some pics of some fish please. Call me soon so I can find my phone