Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Capt Marty Update

Sadly Sadly Sadly...... Here in the midst of Cobia Season..... I have been STRUCK DOWN with the most incredible pain in both knees that I have ever experienced.... Some background, on Wednesday May 11th, I was feeling really good about things and my knees were feeling fine again. Almost felt as good as they did back in November of 2015 before any of this crap ever started..... Then on May 11, we had an Annual Inspection on the MV Sea Level.... One small and seemingly insignificant part of my duty that morning was to manually set off a few of our High Water Bilge Alarms. To reach these, I had to crawl on my hands and knees across the Steel Bilge in the Bottom of the Ferry. No big deal and everything passed in flying colors.... However, by Wewdnesday afternoon, I was experiencing pain in both knees..... By Thursday morning I had swelling and tightness on both knees. By Friday, my knee pain on my left knee was about a 9 and my right knee was a 7...... By Saturday Morning, I could barely walk and called in sick..... Today, a week later, I had fluid drained off both knees and recieved 2 cortisone shots....

Now, I feel better all ready. People come hear to read about Fishing, not my health. I realize that. A problem Im having is, I have a MAJOR PROBLEM with my Boat's Fuel Tank. Two weeks ago, I tried a simple and inexpensive remedy. Then I went TO WORK. Then I HURT MY KNEES. I have NOT had a chance or gave a Damn to Try Her Out since then. So........ Tomorrow hopefully I will splash the Top Water Boat and see if she's fixed. I doubt it. Will it stop me from Fishing? I hope not, but I'm not sure. I am NOT spending 5,000-6,000 dollars to fix a 27 year old boat with a Motor with 6,000 hours..... Hopefully there is a simple solution for my Fuel Tank. Apparently there is NOT a simple solution for my knees....

Top Water Out..... I hope there's GOOD NEWS Tommorrow 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

U need a new boat

Capt. Marty said...

Are you a venture capitalist?

If so i need to present you my business plan.

Come on Gerald..... forget chasing Blue Marlins. That 564 pounder that was 6th biggest in a pay 5 places Tournament was the worst thing that happened to you since Janice took you in that duck blind and you left your moral compass in a Hyde County Marsh.

Billy Clyde- RIP