Saturday, May 21, 2016

May 19- Day of the Dogfish

Finally got my knee pain and swelling under control enough to see is our first little procedure helped with the Top Water Boat's  fuel issues.... I can say this much: After running 25 miles I had NO FUEL ISSUES. So, I ended up throwing my cast net over bait off Barden's Inlet. With 10 dozen baits and an hour left on the incoming tide, Emma and I went fishing. Three hours later.........all i can say is, The Boat ran great. Emma ate several Menhaden. Emma was mad at me because I refused to pull a Shark into the Boat. The sight of my loyal companion dry humping the air and salivating like a pig over a thrashing Smooth Dogfish is embarrassing and was more than I could take today. So I released them beside the boat. One after another. I had three tripleheaders. Pretty good since I was fishing 3 rods. Smooth Dogs. Smooth Dogs. Smooth Dogs. Big pregnant females mostly, up to 16-18 pounders. Ive seen bigger ones only on a few occasions. I also caught 1 "biter" Shark. And that was it. Mission (boat test) Accomplished.  Cobia Fishing was a dud.....Total Catch for the Day: 15 Smooth Dogfish 8 to 18 lbs each and 1 Atlantic Sharpnose Shark at 6 lbs

No comments: