Friday, May 13, 2016

May 13- My Boys (BKA) Team Sea Spray

Capt Cbo with a 47 pound Cobia
Capt Ryno with 1 of the 13 Cobias these boys have captured so far......


Cbo with a NC Citation CREVALLE JACK! Thats a Hard One Fellas 

I never had a son to teach all about fishing..... And this reference is Stttttrerching it! But, I know pretty much for a fact the my great friend Cbo did not like to fish AND was not a fisherman when we met in May of 2000. I was older and had a Boat and was fishing 100+ days a year back then and Cbo probably saw me as a novelty and a BIG ADVENTURE back then. For whatever reason, we struck up a great friendship and lots of it was based on fishing. I needed another person to go with me for several reasons and Cbo filled the bill...... I also KNOW BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT, that I could be a fricking HARDASS BASTARD to fish with. Poor Cbo advanced through the Capt Marty's Fishing Academy......Well, here we are 16 years later and Capt Cbo is a fine young man, a great new father, a professional mariner, and (somehow this makes me a little proud) A GREAT FISHERMAN!

Yesterday on his first day in North Carolina Waters, Capt Cbo lead his team to 7 Cobias up to 47 lbs and a freakish 30+ pound Crevalle Jack. Im sure that Cbo wouldve picked up this Fishing habit without my influence. He is an avid hunter and archer.... But i do feel some responsibility and a touch of pride at Capt Cbo's skill level. He can and does flat out Produce. If yesterday is any indication, those boys are getting ready to have a big couple of weeks of Hardcore Fishig. It makes me smile. It remains to be scene how it will affect me next week when Capt Cbo sacks me up and outfishes me. I sorta feel like The Obi Won Kenobi of Fishing (remember haters, I do have 800+ NC Citations) but as my powers fade..... Knees. Back. Eyes......  Young Capt Cbo is poised to use the Force and surpass me as a Fisherman.  A Cobia Fisherman anyway. And if you fish INSHORE on the US Southeastern Coast these days, COBIA are "All That Matters".....

All I can say is congratulations to Capt Cbo and Capt Ryno as well. See you boys out there on Tuesday. And I hope yall take it easy on me and save me a few fish..... Also, some other guys that I Had Absolutely Nothing To Do With Developing......But forces to be Reckoned With are Capt Tyler Thomas and Capt Chris Kimrey. Congrats boys. All these guys are catching Cobias and Im very happy for them. These ARE the Good Guys. Not the Posers and Phoneys and they aint selling junk. These boys will bloody decks and give you reason to light your grills.  Meat roasts after these boys Go Fishing. I hope everyone follows that thread.... In other words, Cobia on the Grill is mighty fine eating

Capt Marty is on the MV Cedar Island today.  Ferrying pilgrims to Ocracoke. I wish I was fishing...... Next week I am availiable for charter. Im booked on Friday May 20th. I am available on wed and thurs May 18 and 19. Also on Sat, Sun, and Mon. May 21, 22, and 23......

3 comments:

Mike said...

Capt Marty's Fishing Boot camp?

Capt. Marty said...

FOLLOW YOUR FISH

Anonymous said...

Thanks Marty just saw this
Tyler