Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 7 Part Two--Bream on Bugs

Fished the 3 Wt Fly Rod and popping bugs again this afternoon. I did mix it up a little by swimming a small Bluegill under a float for a Largemouth Bass but got no strikes. Maybe I'm getting burned out on it because today I was crushing the Bluegills and all the sudden I wondered: "What the hell are you doing?" I got in my Truck and went home. I did have an idea though. Most of the Bluegills that I've been catching are from Ponds that are over run with small Bream. I do know of a large Pond in Beaufort that is barren of fish. A Hurricane flooded it a few years back and it has been slow to recover. The fishing in that Pond is horrible. I should've been moving some fish over there all along. Total Catch for the Afternoon: 20 Bluegills and 1 Green Sunfish

No comments: