Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 8 Bass After Bass After Bass







Since I'm leaving very early tommorrow morning for Chapel Hill, I let the boat sit this morning. The weather was great and I wished I was fishing. Eventually the pull got too strong so I ventured back to the Forbidden Pond with the Fly Rod. For Beaufort Pond Fishing it was an epic. I once went 6 straight casts with a Largemouth Bass. The water has gotten low in this Pond and it has been seperated into 2 different Ponds. A small "Black Water" hole and a large "Clear Water" hole. At one stretch I was standing on a muddy land bridge and I was catching Largemouth Bass out of both spots. The Bass were so active, I didn't catch a single Bream until I had caught 14 Largemouth Bass. I caught an 18" Largemouth Bass that weighed over 2 pounds. I also popped the leader on a big Bass that got wrapped up in a dead tree. After breaking off this 2 pound Bass continued to free jump every 5 minutes for the next 30 minutes. After the Bass frenzy slowed down I started catching lots of Bluegills and Pumpkinseeds. This Pond is also great for Reptiles. Today I saw 3 Snapping Turtles, 1 Water Moccasin, and dozens of Painted Turtles and Frogs. This Pond is definitely the liveliest water Hole in Beaufort that I know about. Total Catch for the Day: 24 Largemouth Bass, 8 Bluegill, and 2 Pumpkinseed **27 more Fish to 1000 in 2009**

No comments: