Sunday, August 16, 2009

Aug 16 Butt Kicked at the Dock


"Big Fish on Light Tackle". That's my slogan. Sounds good, better than "Heavy Tackle around Heavy Structure" or else. This afternoon at high tide I went down to the Dock, which has been a little disappointing so far this summer. I had a couple of fish to clean and conditions were perfect so I grabbed a light spinning rod and a bag of Gulps. Bad idea. I landed 1 small Flounder and got crushed by Red Drum that were "as big as I want to call them". Too many pilings around for the 8# spinning rod that I selected. I lost 3 and gave it up. Nice long battle with the first one. I was still in the game after 90 seconds, then he wrapped me up on the neighboring Dock down current and it was over. The other 2 made short work, right under my feet. I'll call them over slot, 10 pounders. Oh well, tommorrow's a new day, a new challenge! Total Catch for the Day: 1 Summer Flounder and 1 Inshore Lizardfish

No comments: