Thursday, August 27, 2009

Aug 27 Red Drum in the Creek







I went down to the Dock this afternoon to find something creative to do with a dead Ladyfish. First I baited a Pinfish Trap. Then I fed the Pinfish. Then I baited up with a Ladyfish strip and caught 3 Red Drum that were 20" each. I guess I recognized them from last night. Carolina Panther Red Drum. Then I caught a Gulf Flounder that had a big appetite. The strip of meat was way too big for him. Man vs. Food contestant. Then I tossed a big chunk of cut Lady out into the open water and hooked a "fill in the ___" lb Southern Stingray. Call it what you want because he spooled my Flounder Rod. Luckily for me, when I said enough is enough and clamped the spool, the line broke at the PowerPro to shock leader connection and I got my PowerPro back. Total Catch for the Day: 3 Red Drum and 1 Gulf Flounder **Top Picture is a Pinfish Frenzy**

No comments: