Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sept 15-21 Not Much Action at Hatteras


I had a bad work schedule this week that didn't allow me to do what I wanted to do. This was a Flounder week! For the last 7 years, I always had a great week of fishing at night, in September, at Hatteras. Last shift things weren't quite right. This week, all the elements were there except me.....I could "feel" the Flounder under my feet during the day, but I couldn't make it back at night. So I settled for a little Sheephead fishing and Cast Net throwing instead. I caught a 7 pound Sheepshead and around 5 dozen Jumping Mullets. Some of these Mullets were grown ones, pushing 4 pounds. I also caught 4 Lookdowns. I could've had a blast fishing all night, but it wasn't my turn. Too Bad! I don't count netted fish here, therfore: My Total Catch for the Week: 1 Sheepshead

No comments: