Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sept 22 Croakers Chewing


How long has been since a day worthy of that title. How about 23 years. Last year I remember catching 4 Croakers one day and that was memorable. Honestly, I don't really bottom fish inshore much anymore, so maybe I'd catch more if I tried! This morning I had a few Jumping Mullets to fillet for the grill tonight. The tide was right so, you know me; I can't go near the water without tossing a hook. When I tossed it today the rod immediately doubled over. Felt like a small Red Drum but it turned out to be a large Croaker. Fifteen minutes later, I had 12 Croakers , a Black Sea Bass, and a 20" Flounder. My biggest Croaker was a 1+ pounder and the smallest was "plenty big enough to keep". Taylor's Creek is alive. Looks like a fishy forecast this week with some sketchy weather. I also caught a nice net full of finger mullet. Later in the afternoon, at dead low tide, I made a few more casts and caught another 20" Flounder and lost a nice mystery fish. Sure felt like a Flounder and ran like a 5+ pounder. Total Catch for the Day: 12 Croaker, 2 Southern Flounder and 1 Black Sea Bass

No comments: