Saturday, January 16, 2010

Jan 16 Red Drum in a Fish Bowl











I picked a fine day to snap out of my doldrums. The Tower wasn't necessary. Ten thousand Red Drum in 2 feet of crystal clear water surrounded by 10 boats. Plenty of fish for everybody. I released 18 Red Drum that were from 22" to 26". I brought home a 26" keeper. I also picked up Marcus R (he anchored up and jumped in my Boat) while I was out there and he released another 8 and kept himself a 25" Drum. I also bounced around a Wreck amd caught 5 Black Sea Bass up to 3 pounds and some junk. Total Catch for the Day: 28 Red Drum, 5 Black Sea Bass, 3 Spottail Pinfish, and 1 Pinfish

2 comments:

Cliff G said...

Ba

Awesome school of drum. When I graduate we should do commercial Bluefin....

CG

Capt. Marty said...

Clifford,

Back in the 2003-2004 winter season, I caught 14 Bluefin Tuna in 14 days. Since then, I've caught ONE! I aint exactly "feeling it" anymore. Plus, it's cold and it's expensive. I'd much rather ride the Shoals and look for Drum and Striped Bass.