Friday, January 22, 2010

Jan 20 Red Drum in the Surf

I spent about 4 hours in the Hatteras Surf on Wednesday and the fishing was great......For about 5 minutes! A small school of Red Drum swam into casting range just east of the Frisco Pier and the fishing was intense for the 10-12 guys that were right there, right then. I released a nice slot sized Red Drum and could plainly see the color of the fish 100 feet offshore of me. My next cast had 3 strikes until I hooked up again. When I put my hands on this Drum, I looked up and could still make out the school. I thought about carrying this fish to the Beach, but I decided to release him and try to hook one more. My next cast was a mis-cast and I broke off my Gulp. Of course, by the time I re-tied another jighead on, the school was gone. I waited for another hour and never saw them again. No Drum in the box and No Pictures for the Report. Total Catch for the Day: 2 Red Drum

No comments: