Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 12 Day-Night Doubleheader

Early in the day, I went to two local Mung Holes here in Beaufort. One is right by the road and everybody sees it and drives by it twice a day. What most people don't know that it is a steady producer of Bass and Bream. I realize that 99% of the people don't care, but..... So I went there and in 30 minutes I caught 11 Largemoth Bass and 1 Bluegill. Then I went to my "secret spot". Two years ago, this little puddle could produce 50 Bass and 100 Bream in 200 casts. No joke. Unfortunately, on this day, my little spot was choked with algae and I didn't catch a single thing...........JUST WHEN THINGS CAN'T GET ANY WORSE........ Then around 6pm I got a "wild hair" and I made the incredibly bad move by texting Chris the following words: "Let's go Catfishing". Ten long, cold hours later, at 4am, I made it home and collapsed on the couch. Nothing. One nibble and one drag pulled for 3 seconds. We dunked fresh cut Hickory Shad in deep holes, on flats, into downed timber. Everywhere that we thought logically would hold a Catfish. One thing is certain.....We suck at Catfishing. Right now, I'm looking to trade a Cobia sightcasting all day charter for somebody to take me and Chris out to catch a Catfish.... Total Catch for the Day: 11 Largemouth Bass and 1 Bluegill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

come to me, come my fried!

Tuggy