Monday, March 28, 2011

Cold Wet Rain and Wind



Another week has come and gone and this one sucked. Windy and wet, and to make matters worse, its cold outside too. Hopefully there will be some nice weather ahead. I've got the Night Shift and my Boat is still at Hatteras so maybe a Fishing Trip will be possible...... This past week, I haven't caught anything. I rode around in the Croatan National Forest one day and I did find an Alligator, but no fish. The "fishing highlight" of my week was: this was the week that happens every spring, where my mailbox was stuffed with NC Fishing Citations. Two standouts were my career best 94 lb Cobia and my 23 lb 3 oz Blackfin Tuna that was caught in the fog, a mile off the beach, on a stingsilver! Photos above are of my "Fishing Wall of Fame". (31 NC Citations for 31 different Species), my Blackfin Tuna Citation, and the Alligator in the Croatan Forest.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Breeze, I had to swim today....Lets just say the water is very REFRESHING!!!! You should def try it out!!!!

Capt. Marty said...

How'd you like to take a dip out on the Tuna grounds... Let momma Killer Whale toss you 30 feet in the air just to tenderize you for her 25 foot long baby to engulf. They gotta be getting tired of Tuna.

Ryan said...

Ha, you got a citation wall too? Except yours is like 3 times the size of mine. Cant wait to knock a few more off the list this year.

Capt. Marty said...

Ryan, I started collecting with a 66 lb Amberjack in 1988. I wanted to collect them all. Twenty three years later, I' m still trying. I caught a few Bluefish over 15, but the minimum wt was 17 back then. I caught some monster Bonito before they made the list. So, I should be sitting on 33. The State also dropped Tautog, at either 8 or 9 lbs, that was going to be a problem. Right now, the toughest looking Citation seems to be the 3 lb Croaker or the sheer luck of a Bigeye Tuna strike. Every year, one of my goals is to add a new Citation to the wall. Hopefully this year I'll get that Bonito out of the way and I'd like to knock off Black Drum. Last spring there was schools of 80 pounders around, but my timing was off. I hope I get a shot at one this year. Good luck and if I can help you, let me know. Citation collecting is a big task. I like finding other guys that are serious about it!

Anonymous said...

Capt Marty ain't you got another wall plastered with about 15 freshwater citations too? Are you trying for them all too? Where you gonna get that Kokanee Salmon, the Mung Hole? I can set you up on that one, and others out west!

Lee

Anonymous said...

Marty, That would be a trip of a lifetime to see that out there on the old tuna grounds!!!! By the way how was the weekend, you never called me so I figured your were pretty safe!!!!

HA, Tuggy

Capt. Marty said...

I need to go fishing, I dont need any distractions. Bring on the Bonito and the Chopper Bluefish. A big Red Drum on a bucktail would be nice too! Looking for a Carp tommorrow.