Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 15 The Ides of March are upon us.....

I'm back at Hatteras, working the Night Run and itching to go Bluefin Tuna Fishing. We'll see how the weather responds to my wishes.... Today I drove to up to Hatteras, and casted shad darts all along the way. In the Neuse River, Swift Creek, the Roanoke River, the Scuppernog River, and a ditch near the Alligator River. I caught nothing. I hope my pals Chris, Shane, Capt Steve, and Josh did better. I know Josh did...... Hopefully, better days are ahead. The above picture is a Fried Herring plate from the Cypress Grill in Jamesville. Kick ass. Total Fish for the Day: Nothing

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chick in there is hot too. A real sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Saw them Americans cooked up in a previous post. Whats the best way to cook'em? We wax them on the Cape Fear but cut up for catfish bait or shark chum later in the summer.

Capt. Marty said...

Filleted, scored, salt and pepper.. Bake them I guess 350 or so for an hour, switch to broil and brown them on top. I pour vinegar on them and they are good to go! Bony but great flavor. Bones aint stiff, they are soft. I eat half and pick half.