Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nov 13-14 Late Night Squid Blitzes


After a slow night of jigging for Squid, around midnight the bite turned on and I had a 30 minute frenzy all to myeslf. I probably hooked, caught, or lost Squid on 20 straight drops, and at worst, I was hooking a Squid on every 3rd drop. The amazing thing was, these Squid which were up to 25" long and probably larger, were in 4 feet of clear water, under the lights and I couldn't see them in the water. I could see the bottom however. It was amazing to make drop after drop and hook Squid after Squid. After 10 minutes, the water was black with ink. Finally when the initial run tapered off, I had 24 Squid and probably lost at least that many. After the first frenzy ended, I had to work a little harder. I guess the school had moved a little bit and I never really found them again. Or, I caught them all........ Anyway, moving up and down the Sea Wall, I found a bite here and a bite there. In the next 30 minutes, I probably caught 10 more Squid and I finally gave it up and went to bed for the first time in 48 hours. Sheeesh. On the 14th, I really didn't have it in me, but squidding was pretty good late at night. I did manage to whack 14 Squid before giving my rod up to a couple of guys who had never caught one. I also managed another trophy Squid at 24". Nice Calamari. Total Catch for the 2 Nights: 48 Squid up to 25" and 1 Bluefish

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, when you get home you better find a picture of your hottie girlfriend to post. You are an idiot for not posting more pics of her

Anonymous said...

Let me speak for the silent majority--I don't care if you never post another picture of Robin, or if you do. I'm here for the fishing.

Capt. Marty said...

This is a fishing blog. If Robin wants to go fishing, then I she'll get posted real quick. I think all guys enjoy pictures of pretty women holding nice fish. And when nice looking fish collides with nice looking woman on my boat or on the dock, Radio Island, etc then I will have my camera ready. And that goes for any other woman that graces the deck if my scow. Actually, I need fish not women! For the inquisitive blog readers out there: Robin and I are riding down life's road. We are hitting a few bumps and swerving occasionally.... I am enjoying some beautiful scenery. Robin' s window must be fogged up! We might just have a big annoucement soon. In the meantime, I'm headed home tonight, the Speckled Trout are biting, Robin is waiting, and I can't wait to get to Beaufort!!!!

Anonymous said...

Eνerything iѕ very open with a clеar eхplanation of the challengeѕ.
It wаs truly informative. Your site is νery helρful.
Thank you for sharing!

Have а look at my ωebsitе; garden centers