Friday, November 25, 2011

Nov 25 Squid are Biting Good and My Girlfriend is Happy

As my girlfriend sits 8 miles up the road in Buxton, what on earth is Capt Marty up to late at night?  Squid Fishing of course......I'm catching them too.... Last week, for the first time in our 5 month old whirlwind romance, Robin said, "You fish too much, give me a break!!!" I thought to my self, "Oh Jeez, here we go again, I hate to lose this woman, how can I balance this." This week, so far I don't have an answer, but thankfully Robin is at her parents house and everything is great and she really isn't keeping close tabs on my fishing habit this week. Whew!!!!  Anyway, my buddy Frank Folb. Jr is catching Squid at a good rate as well....... Our buddy Al Farkas is castnetting them...... The Great Hatteras Squid Run of 2011 is alive and well. Frank had a 12 Squid on a jig in 10 minute rally... I had a 8 Squid on a jig in 5 minute rally... Aside from the rallys, it's slow and steady....Then Al bombards the flock with his net and chases them to the Gulf Stream... Minutes later, another flock show up and the bite resumes.. Frank's night is half over... Mine is done. I caught enough for another big platter of calamari. 2011 is winding down and it's time to go fishing!!!! Total Catch for the Night: 18 Squid up to 16"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute

Anonymous said...

That's a nice fish.What do they bite?

Capt. Marty said...

They can be chummed with up a dozen Roses and pitcher of Margaritas, but Hundred dollar bills and VISA cards will draw strikes when all else fails..... My experience

Anonymous said...

your sick

Capt. Marty said...

Sick?

I've never felt better........

We got ALOT to celebrate, coming up soon! Very soon.