Thursday, November 6, 2014

Nov 6- Beaufort, NC vs Beaufort, SC

Well, in the past 15 years I've had two cases of mistaken location. Big Mistakes. I mean NORTH vs SOUTH misses...... Today it cost me a day of income, while down south, Lee was left scrambling to find a Fishing Guide on short notice! Sucks..... Here I am on vacation from work and so far, my Dad's doctors appointments and geographical screw-ups are derailing my fishing adventures..... Now the weatherman is all set to "tie me up"... High winds are predicted and as I walk through the neighborhood here at 930pm, I agree, it's blowing harder than a ball bouncing AFAM grad befelled by March Madness..... Anyway, with today's trip cancelled and deposit slip shredded, I did some pretty decent "foot fishing". Both Radio Island and the Mung Holes were alive today. In the saltwater, a green grub and 3/8oz lead head fooled the Speckled Trout and a few Grays as we'll. A big surprise was a little Black Drum too.... I would've preferred a "little surprise" by a "big Black Drum"  but that's  as unlikely as that sentence was funny. Ha ha..... In the sweet water, it was the same ole story.... Tossing a bug imitation on my old Ted Williams Sears and Roebuck "magic" bamboo wand, I landed another fabled Beaufort Grand Slam. Several Largemouth Bass and Bluegills. After a little effort and several relocations, I was finally able to capture an elusive Pumpkinseed and close out my Slam. Mission accomplished. Tonight I will not fondly recall the high leaps and blistering runs of Trophy King Mackerel. Nor will I visualize my darlings beautiful smile as I shock her with lovingly selected gifts that I buy with the half day wages.... Instead I'll remember the subtle rise and slurp of a 6" Bluegill. The headshake of a small Speckled Trout that picked up my grub.... All fond memories just the same!  Total Catch for the Day: 13 Speckled Trout from 10" to 16", 4 Gray Trout from 12" to 14", 1 Black Drum, 4 Inshore Lizardfish,  4 Largemouth Bass from 10" to 15", 12 Bluegill, and 1 Pumpkinseed

No comments: