Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Nov 8-10 New River and Mountain Adventure

Emma loves the Woods... Coyotes drove her crazy at Night though. Sleepless Nights for Emma Jean

The New River is actually the second oldest River on Earth

Capt Marty dreams of Smallmouth Bass 

Crystal Clear Water and Easy Wading......

Cranberry Creek is where the Locals said to Fish

My Beautiful Wife..... What does she see in me?
As you can tell........ Mountain Adventure is a far cry from "Capt Marty Slaughters Rainbow Trout and Smallmouth Bass"!!! It aint like I didn't try. Jennifer and I camped up at New River State Park. What a great State Park and what a beautiful River. The New River is highly respected as a Smallmouth Bass Fishery. I really enjoyed wading this River and Jenn and I found some stunningly pretty Mountain Roads along the River that offered a million pretty casting spots.... The water was crystal clear. Rocks and Ripples abounded.... And...... No Fish! I saw 1 damn fish in 3 days, and that was a large fish from the Sucker Family...... I also waded and fly fished in Cranberry Creek. Here I had 2 Rainbow Trout rise to a fly and on both cases the Trout missed its mark...... Great Camping Trip. Beautiful Scenery. Great Fishing Place. Caught Nothing and that would typically leave me out-raged, but in this case, I quickly accepted that ONE FISH would make this a successful Angling Quest... I never got that ONE FISH. but we had a great time anyway.... Total Catch for the Trip: ZILCH

I will finish this soon.... Sorry for being slack. Between my Mountain escape and my Dad's back surgery, I've been tied pretty tight lately.....

2 comments:

Mike said...

That water looks cold.

Anonymous said...

Was craving rainbow trout!!! Had knife and fork ready; the mackeral and barbecued mullet you cooked were the best ever; what's the secret? Eg