Friday, November 14, 2014

STOLEN FISHING TACKLE

Here it is guys. A list of things that were stolen from my garage 2 nights ago. We got pretty good info; two real good leads... Obviously, one is wrong but hopefully one is right..... Based on this, I expect my gear to show up either in the Wilmington, NC area or right here in the Morehead City/Atlantic Beach/Beaufort Area...... Two unique reels that are pretty valuable and rare nowadays were my two Penn 12/0 Senators. Both are Black and Big. Each reel is (was) mounted on a Penn Stand-Up Tuna Stick. These are heavy combos, each weighs around 8 lbs fully loaded with line...... Please guys keep an eye out for HOT REELs.... Lots of Penn Spinning Reels. "SS" series and "Slammer" series. Also, Shimano "Speedmaster" and "TLD" series reels.... I am missing 4 Shimano Speedmasters. The type of reel used for King Mackerel Fishing. Two of them are loaded with bright Green 25# Ande line and the other two with clear 25# Ande. Also missing 2 Shimano TLD-15s. One is loaded with oddball white braided line. I am also missing 3 Shimano TLD-20s. These reels are my Cobia/Grouper/Amberjack reels. They are loaded with 50# line. Two are (were) on Ugly Stick Boat Rods and one is (was) mounted on a Outer Banks Custom rod. Most of my Spinning Reels were mounted on 6 foot 6 inch Black Ugly Stick Custom Rods..... One to watch out for was my Personal Cobia Combo. It is an old Penn 560 Slammer with the frame painted with Caterpiller Yellow Paint. (Same as the Heavy Cat Equipment, like Dozers and large Diesel Engines). This reel is (was) mounted on a dark green, 7 ft 6 inch St Croix spinning rod..... All together, by my best recollection, I am missing 22 rods and reels..... Some of these Penn 550 SS reels were bought by me back in the 1980s. I realize that in all likelihood these rods and reels are gone and I will never see them again... But I know that quite a few people read this Blog and I am asking you guys to please just keep your eyes and ears open. I know the Penn 12/0's are rarely seen these day and if anyone is selling them, then that's a red flag reel..... My Penn Spinning Reel with the Cat Yellow Frame, to be damn sure they aint stuid enough to sell that one??? Anyway, I'm sorry guys for lack of reports. I have had lots of duties and worries as my Parents face all kinds of medical challenges. I've had my own ups and downs as well. Back Pain, Boat Problems, Deer Accidents, etc etc etc.... I was hoping that this Fall was going to be a re-birth of Great Fishing for Top Water Charters..... Well, as it stands now, it looks like I am about done! I do have my Speckled Trout Tackle and that's about it. Hopefully my Home Owner's Insurance will treat me fairly and I can start putting this back together as soon as possible. Surely by next May I will be capable of putting 4 baits on the bottom for Cobia while having 2 Spinning Rods rigged up with bucktails and ready to let fly if we see a swimmer....

1 comment:

Tom Stagg said...

Hey Marty,
Nothing worse than a thief. Sorry you have been having such a tough time lately. Hope your dad is ok. I'm gonna have to make a trip down to Hatteras. I miss all my friends from the Ferry