Monday, August 25, 2008

Aug 22 Citation Sheepshead Frenzy!


I finally had some help with all those Sheepsheads today! Dave "Fog" Radke, a world famous mate from West Palm Beach, Florida to Oregon Inlet, NC, who now in "semi-retirement" started working with us on the Hatteras Ferry was crewed up with me today. Fog and I were casually playing around with a urchin on a string and hardly trying. Suddenly as I was pulling my Urchin in to re-cast a crazed 8-9 pound Sheepshead charged up out of the depths and exploded on my bait. And missed. Fog went ballistic. A man who has caught hundreds of Blue Marlin, thousands of White Marlin, and has old pictures of himself, as a kid, with 30+ pound Snook stacked like firewood went apeshit over a Sheepshead! Two hours later, I had a 8 lb. 9 oz. and a 8 lb. 3 oz. Sheepshead and Fog had a 8 lb. 4 oz., a 7 lb. 4 oz., and a 4 lb. Sheepsheads. Awesome. Same cluster of pilings. We're in the 30's now with 11 over 8 pounds!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow nice catches!
Looks like heavyweights.