Saturday, August 9, 2008

Aug 9 Tilefish Chewing !




One of the hottest fisheries in NC right now is Blueline Tilefish out of Oregon Inlet. I checked it out today and it is well worth the effort. This fishing reminded me of Headboat fishing in the mid-70s. Drop to the bottom and hold on! Chris, Billy, and I made 1 drift in 230 feet of water and we put a big hurt on the Tilefish. We caught our 15 fish limit and released 15-20 more. It's been a long time since my arms ached from reeling in fish! These fish were caught on cut bait and metal stick baits. I had 2 Citations at 10 lb.s and 12 lb.s 10 oz. Billy had 2 over 13 pounds. After that we looked around and fished briefly for some other stuff but didn't find any success. That's okay, today was all about the Tilefish. Special thanks to Chris for steering the BOAT directly to the FISH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How deep did you catch hese big Tilefish? I've seen the Headboat come in at Pirate's Cove and they mainly have 5-6 pound Tiles. Nice catch!

Capt. Marty said...

220-210 feet due east of Oregon Inlet. Look for a small fleet of Charter Boats. Fish that area.