Thursday, August 28, 2008

Aug 28 Morning Drum, Lunchtime Flounders, and Afternoon Drum




Checked out the Dock three times today. This morning I caught a Red Drum pretty quickly and when I brought him to the top, about 15 of his buddies follwed him. When it was over I had caught 5 total Red Drum, all under the slot. The Drum in the picture was 16" and was released. I looked around for a Flounder and found none. I did see monster Stingrays, large Jumping Mullets, Sheepsheads, and Spanish Mackerel. Checked out the Dock again after lunch and a few Flounders have shown up. I got 3 Flounders and kept an 18" Southern Flouder and released a pair of 15"ers. Later in the afternoon I made my third trip down to the dock and found plenty of action. Small Red Drum, Black Sea Bass, and Lizardfish were chewing. During this 30 minute session I caught 3 more Red Drum. Total for the day was 8 Red Drum and 3 Southern Flounder.

No comments: