Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 9 Back Home--The WIND is Blowing and the Cobia Fishing is ON







Imagine that the wind would be blowing! I can't believe it. Every year I try to schedule my Florida trip so that I don't miss any good Cobia Fishing. Basically, I sacrifice the Bonito to save the Cobia. This year I think I messed up. It sounds like there has been an excellent "early" run of Cobias at Cape Lookout and Hatteras. Up to 8 fish per boat at Hatteras and lots of 60 pounders at both Beaufort Inlet and Hatteras. In the meantime, I've been chasing fish 900 miles away. Now I'm home and the wind is blowing 30+. Hopefully Tommorrow and Monday will be different. I'm ready to get back in the Game! The Fish in these pictures are some of the "fishy things" I Caught with my Camera while in Florida. Top Photo is a Gray Anglefish that was working the Northside of the Government Cut Jetty. Middle Photo is a male Queen Parrotfish that lives right by Monty's Raw Bar at Miami Beach Marina. Bottom Photo is one of the thousands of 1-2 pound Blue Tilapia that are actively building and/or guarding their nests at Sea World in Orlando

No comments: