Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 29 Citation Sheepsheads


I was feeling like A-Rod in October. Last year I probably hooked 75% of my Sheepshead bites and got enough NC Citations to wall paper my bathroom. My confidence soared. This year the Sheepsheads showed up early, large, and hungry. So I started 0 hook-ups in first 20 bites and at least 6 of them were 8-10 pounders that ate my bait in plain view. Then it all changed. In 2 drops I caught a 9 lb 9oz Sheepshead and a 9 lb 5oz. Sheepshead. I felt a little better. Total Catch for the Day: 2 Sheepsheads

3 comments:

Ryan said...

nice. i still need to get some paperwork for one of those suckers. been close a few times, but it still eludes me. might have to get out for them later this week.

Capt. Marty said...

Ryan,
Nice Flounder the other day, real nice! Sheeephead pink slip took me 20 damn years. I finally had a revelation and now that's the easiest one of all for me. The State dropping it from 10 to 8 didn't hurt. 20 years to get the first one, then 14 or 15 last year. If you know a place where big ass Sheepsheads live, I got a fail proof technique that will get your bait swallowed, not nibbled. Send me a regular email someday and I'll hook you up. Also, if you're ever up at Hatteras or Ocracoke this summer I can probably direct you to a place where you can kayak to and hook up a 10 pounder, at night, pretty damn quick. Keep putting up those great reports and yours is one of the few that I enjoy reading. Tell it like it is...

Ryan said...

i might take you up on that one day. i have 3 days in a row off july 17-19 and i'm plotting some sort of fishing expedition. as of now i was thinking pamlico sound tarpon, but who the hells knows..i might show up at hatteras. it's been too long.