Friday, June 5, 2009

OUCH We fileted 5 NC State Record Spadefish last Saturday!


I just checked out the NC Salt Water Fishing Record Page and the State Record Spadefish is 9 lb. 1 oz. My Boga-Grip is certified by the IGFA so it is accurate enough to establish a World Record. On June 1, BJ Swain and I caught 5 Spadefish over 10 pounds and BJ actually had 2 Spadefish at 11 pounds. All these Spadefish were weighed on my 15# Boga-Grip. We cleaned them and never officially weighed them because there is no NC Citation for this species. It is pretty damn stupid that this fish isn't recognized by the NCDMF as a Citation Species and it was pretty stupid of me not to be aware of the "Low Weight" of the NC Record for Spadefish. However, being at Hatteras that week, I was not "plugged in" to the Internet and it's vast information was not as readily availiable. So BJ's NC State Record Spadefish joins my IGFA All-Tackle World Record Hickory Shad (2 lb 9oz) that I cleaned, my IGFA All-Tackle World Record Southern Kingfish (Sea Mullet) (2lb 14 oz) that I cleaned, and my IGFA All-Tackle World Record Blacknose Shark (43 lbs) that I released, as IGFA and North Carolina Record Fish that were never submitted.

No comments: