Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jan 20 Crazy Fishing Rules


The top picture is of hundreds of dead Striped Bass that stretched for miles. Discards of a legal Trawling Operation in NC. The bottom picture is a deck load of icy-dead Speckled Trout scooped up in a frozen NC creek. Another ridiculous NC decision. One the one hand, a Trawler crew can fish all day and cull hundreds of dead 18-25 pound Striped Bass in order to max out the monetary value of their 50 fish limit of 40 pounders..... HELLO Stupid Example ONE.... On the "just as stupid" hand, a fisherman is not allowed to pick up a dead, frozen 8 pound Speckled Trout stuck in the marsh grass. Unlawful to possess..... HELLO Stupid Example Two...... The SPECKLED TROUT must lay there and rot because of IGNORANCE while the STRIPED BASS must float there and rot because of GREED. Another pair of baffling fisheries decisionshe State of North Carolina. Saltwater fishermen in states like Florida, So Carolina, Texas and Louisiana must be scratching their heads over the Speckled Trout ruling. Meanwhile, fisherman in Virginia, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Maryland, and Maine are absolutely livid over the Striped Bass massacre that NC politicians endorse just south of the Va state line. Who's running this place, Butch Davis? Hell he didn't see anything or know anything. Only in North Carolina. Move NCDMF to Carrboro. Can't get any worse.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great topic.....I hope you don't mind but I took this over to the NC Waterman website for added exposure. Don't know that it will do any good to change the laws, but it can't hurt.

Anonymous said...

Classic. Butch's tutor endorses this post.

Ms. Wiley

Anonymous said...

Hey capt Marty, u need to correct your date on this blog to Jan 19th....your friend from Swansboro!

Capt. Marty said...

Thanks, I fixed the date. December is still on my mind and January is 2/3 gone! I'd still live in the 80's if I could. Be nice if Nantucket was playing at the Attic tonight, except I might have a Philosophy exam tomorrow. Yikes...

Anonymous said...

Or move DMF to Raleigh and let Sidney run it...No way his defense could hold a Trawler below 85 Stripers.

Anonymous said...

Easy on Butch or I will have to foul hook you on my next trip.

Brent

Anonymous said...

And Marty Lets just say the Attic isn't the Attic anymore. Come to Gville and I will show you what its all about.

Tuggy

Anonymous said...

Tuggy, I just might take you up on that. Can I get the Shad Trip--Happy Hour combo????? Looks like the St Bass have slowed up a bit huh..... You got anything planned this weekend of the first of next week?


Capt Marty

Anonymous said...

Well, the weekend I have plans of burning a house, then back to work on sunday. Vacation for the next week so fish beware. The only day I cannot fish is Tuesday and Wednesday, as I will be at the lake duck hunting with the outlaws from carteret county cousins!!!! The rock pushed out bout 6 miles from where me, you, and brock finished up the otherday. Same holds for up where we finished on Toms boat the other evening.

Tuggy

Capt. Marty said...

Tuggy, Lets go rack up some high numbers by jigging in the deep... I want to find some Big Bluefish too. Im going to buy a smoker when I get home. I need some fish to smoke....

Anonymous said...

Marty I can go anyday other than Tuesday and Wednesday. Just let me know. Hell I will even try it on a weekend with all the other warrriors if we go to the deep....

Just call me, things are getting more complicated by the day...I think we both speak the language if you know what I mean

Tuggy

Capt. Marty said...

Tuggy

I hope like hell you aint speaking the language that I spoke, Sheesh man, say it aint so. Too much fishing...... I hope I misunderstand you. Regardless, lets go fishing....