Friday, January 14, 2011

Jan 14 15 Striped Bass up to 32 pounds






I had the pleasure of fishing with Tuggy and the Greenville crew today and we definitely got off go a slow start and I had a long day. I left Beaufort at 2am, we left the dock in Wanchese at 630am and were fishing by 830am...... And at 2pm we had 2 Striped Bass in the box and had released a 10 lb Striped Bass. Then we finally got hot. In the next hour we caught 13 Striped Bass. Most of these fish came on umbrella rigs and the rest on Mo-Jos. Finally, while trying to catch our last couple of fish for our limit, we got 6 fish on at once, includindg 2 doubleheaders. A 30 lb Striped Bass, a 20 lb Striped Bass, and an umbrella rig all at once reminds me of pulling the anchor back in the commercial Grouper fishing days. Way earlier in the morning we caught and released our first Striped Bass, a 10 pounder, which I caught on a jig on a light spinning rod. That was our only jigging bite, which was a bummer. At the end of the day, our 3 top Striped Bass were 32, 31, and 30 pounders. Our 10 fish limit weighed approximately 230 pounds. All in all, we went something long stretches between bites, but we finished with a hell of a flurry! Total Catch for the Day: 15 Striped Bass up to 32 pounds

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know who the guy is in the red jacket, but he is a rock fishing guerue from Greenville..... Hell I heard he can even catch one in a mud hole in the river!!!!

Capt. Marty said...

That's Tuggy and Striped Bass are his enemy. But he is a law abiding citizen.... That is a rarity amongst my old friends from the Pitt County area.... He don't pack the filet knives and plastic bags in bulk for Rockfishing like some cats do......

Anonymous said...

Marty who in the hell is on the blog talking about me? Anyways, between me and you rockfish and cobia don't stand a chance!!!!!

Tuggy

Capt. Marty said...

Tuggy, I dont know I aint had to break down no IP addresses lately. Sometimes its more to just wonder who it is! Boiled Rock at the Hatteras Ferry tomorrow. I can't wait...