Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1 Was This Largemouth Bass Joking?


April Fool's Day and I was fooled pretty good. I finally went on my Carp Fishing Expedition and I promise everybody that I saw some incredible Carp. A couple of them looked like Cobia swimming down the shoreline. I saw a smaller one too. The small one was 8-10 pounds. The larger Carp I saw were easily 30+ pounders, and I'm holding back! Unfortunately, either they weren't biting today or I haven't figured out how to catch them yet. I did see a Carp landed today that was 18-20 pounds that was snagged. Pretty work and those boys said there was a big school of them. Of course, the school was gone as soon as the treble hook struck..... So after much effort, I did have one bite. On a ball of Wonderbread Classic White Bread. This bread ball was sitting on the bottom and I hadn't moved it for 10 minutes, when suddenly my line started moving. I set the hook and a 7 lb Largemouth Bass hurled itself skyward!!!! Do What? To really make the story even harder to believe, as I was reeling in my bread-eating Bass, a much larger one followed her in. This one was a legit 10+ pound Largemouth Bass, a real trophy fish! Do What Again? I did my best to lob another breadball in the direction of the Giant Bass. Bread was all I had! Anyway, the big Bass disappeared into the crystal clear, gulf stream blue-dyed water and I was left with an April Fools Tale to tell. Only this one comes with a picture. Total Catch for the Day: 7 lb Largemouth Bass 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never a dull entry on this blog

Anonymous said...

Marty, my APRIL FOOLS WAS GREAT, and Your bass looks pretty good!!!!

Tuggy

Capt. Marty said...

Be Careful everybody... Life can change in a second.

Anonymous said...

Dude, something is seriously wrong with us.... Its blowing 35 out of the SW and were not fishing???? WTF!!!!!

Honestly, I'm ready to be standing in the tower with my shorts and glasses on!!!

Tuggy