Saturday, April 9, 2011

April 9 Lunker Largemouth Bass



I got the rare opportunity to fish the lengendary Lennoxville Ponds today with Korey B and on a whim I bagged up a bunch of caterpillars..... Tossing artificials wasn't paying off much, so Korey tossed out a caterpillar and quickly caught a small Bluegill that he started using for live bait. In the meantime, I had gotten tired of fighting algae. I figured I'd amuse myself with the caterpillars and catch small Bream. Wouldn't you know after about 10 Bluegills, I get a bite that is "much different" than the others. A drag puller, but not a jumper.. After a long battle and a hike down the shoreline, I landed a 8 lb Largemouth Bass. On a caterpillar! Afterwards I caught 2 really nice Bluegills (Beaufort standards). Korey caught a small Bass and many Bluegill. Fun Fishing excursion. Total Catch for the Day: 2 Largemouth Bass and 25 Bluegill

7 comments:

Mike said...

Bigger than the legendary Hollows Apts bass?

Capt. Marty said...

No way. In my memory, that Bass now weighs 100 pounds... That Bass will never be toppled. And to think that noble beast was beaten with a pine sappling and then filleted. Fried not nearly long enough and eaten half raw. Then his carcass dumped in the Hollow's swimming pool. Where it sat from Feb until May for Fester, the Dripper, one eyed Will, Daphne, the Meat Eater, the Ryhming Bros, and all the other Hollows residents to watch decay in its icy grave. When I caught that Bass, I knew Raleigh's fish weren't big enough for me. The Ocean was calling

Mike said...

Don't forget "All Night Dwight"

Capt. Marty said...

How did I forget All Night?

Mike said...

The rhyming boys were Bill and One-eye Will.

Mike said...

Even Cueball wouldn't eat that fish.

Capt. Marty said...

The Meat Eater would've eaten it, with her favorite cocktail....piss on the rocks. Twang.