Saturday, June 16, 2012

June 16 BIG ROCK NEWS----Joey Bell coming to the Scales

As predicted in my June 9th comments section!!! Joey Bell, long time Top Water friend and sometimes client, is headed to the scales and is looking to pull out a last second victory. the mystery is..... What is Capt Brower and Joey bell up to? They boated their Blue Marlin at 923am and continued to fish.. I'm betting that they are skirting the 400 lb minimum weight and they made the decision to keep fishing... But who knows? We will all find out at 530pm when the "Fishing Partner" arrives at the scales!

Also, I had a last second cancellation due to winds ON A DAY THAT 5,000 OTHER BOATS ARE FISHING... This was NOT my decision and events like this are going to force me to abandon my long-time casual policy towards deposits and non-refundable deposits when its not the Capt's decision and there is no emergency issue to cause the cancellation...

A lot of work went into this morning's fishing trip and seeing my boat sit in my driveway all day is a dose.... Especially since I let the day's fishing charter dictate the way my night went last night..... By staying home last night, I might have missed my chance to land Miss Blue Marlin that could've changed my life. Ha Ha

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

More like ANOTHER Ms Marlin wouldve crushed you like an insect......

And your loyal readers would have to read about that non-sense instead of the fishing we used to come hear for!

Your Buddy

Capt. Marty said...

Aw shucks, Joey's fish turned out to be a hollow 362 pounder, that was worth..........

Nothing.

Hey, at least Joey & crew got the thrill of backing into that slip as the last boat on the last day.... The "Super Bowl" of Fishing..... Hundreds of thousands of dollars hanging in the balance..... That must've been a good feeling. Followed by a gigantic let down... But, you think Joey will miss this event next year.....I doubt it. But, he's no longer up next.... I AM

Capt. Marty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Captain Marty, I have the AARP team with me on friday, will let you know the details when Im done.

Tugwell