Wednesday, June 20, 2012

**Updated** Mid Week Hatteras Report

Here goes from my shrinking mental notebook:

*Had grilled Amberjack wed night. Delicious
*Had blackened Amberjack thur night. Delicious
*Had fried Amberjack and Shrimp friday for lunch. Delicious
*Going Surf Fishing tomorrow morning with FISHING LEGEND  FOG RADKE
*Wednesday June 19th was 6 months since the night Robin left
*Friday June 22nd will be the 1st Anniversary of my First Date with Robin
*Why am I still worried about these things
*Because I miss her (Duh)
*Lots of OPEN DATES when I get home: June 27, 28, July 1, and July 2
*My Back feels great and the weakness in my foot is GONE
*My Engine Room Co-Worker this week has made me feel fortunate and lucky
*Being Captain Marty Moore is a Nice Job.

Fished on the beach at Hatteras on 6/21 from 630am until 800am with living legend Foghorn Radke...  I've seen old black and white photos of Fog from the 70's down at Jupiter Florida where a teenaged Fog brought home a station wagon full of 25lb Snook.... 20+ "SNOOK OF A LIFETIME" in one night... Also, enough Fishing Violations to land you in the electric chair in the 21st century.... The young Fog surely did his part in the exploitation of the Ocean..... AS HE SHOULD HAVE, I WOULD'VE BEEN RIGHT THERE WITH HIM.... I seriously doubt that one single flake of that delicious meat was wasted....  Anyway, Fog and I fished hard and we each missed a couple of "Surf Wahoos" as Fog calls the Jumbo Sea Mullets like the 7 NC Citation Sea Mullets he caught on 6/18. What we did catch was Calico Crabs. They surely do love Sand Fleas... Hell, I even ate some Sand Flea Roe this morning myself..... Total Catch for the Day: NOTHING

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must've been some powerful stuff. You know? Good luck. Bring that pompano home chief

Back to work Bob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Capt. Marty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Honor her memory and remember the good times, son. We all have women in our lives that we never forget. I'm impressed. Another great one will come your way.

Capt. Marty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Capt. Marty said...

So I went overboard. I didn't think it was funny. I referenced an important set of dates in MY LIFE. If you don't have anything good to write on MY BLOG, don't comment at all..

Anonymous said...

Story of my life, a day late and a dollar short. I hate seeing deleted blog posts because then I wanna know what they said lol. Hang in there Marty and thanks for continuing to share with us. I enjoy reading your reports. Glad to hear your back is doing good as well.

Capt. Marty said...

Incredible that Chris and I catch 600 pounds of Grouper and Amberjack on a day when we leave the dock at lunch.....and there's one comment

I mention Robin's name....... and there is the full gamut of thanks, I'm sorrys, and deleted posts.....

Simply amazing... Hell I knew she was a lightning rod and an amazing person 30 seconds after I met her... I never imagined this though! These 2 significant dates have passed, so I promise you "fishing fans", I'll never mention her again..

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you like Amberjack pretty good. I will definitely have to try some this summer.

Anonymous said...

Damn son I'd like to see a picture of that Robin

Is it the chick I met in front of Spouter Inn?

your pal RR

Capt. Marty said...

Nope RR, that was back in August of 2010, and that would've Ms KJ..... And she looked like a million bucks that night. That night she was the hottest, prettiest, sexiest date I EVER had.... Every head (men & women) in Stillwater watched her every move! I'll never forget that night as long as I live! But no, that wasn't Robin, wrong girl!

Anonymous said...

How bout them dam new york yankees...........See ya soon buddy. Twell

Kristen Brown said...

Truly a fine approach to express and looking an exceptionally charming article with loaded with solid data. I am unquestionably going to enlighten in my class concerning this stage and the data shared here. Extremely elegantly composed. Dogs nassau county

Kristen Brown said...

This blog is really helpful to pass on redesignd enlightening endeavors over web which is genuinely examination. I found one productive instance of this truth through this blog. Dogs in baldwin