Thursday, December 6, 2012

Capt Marty A Nice Guy?


Here is another very kind and very cool letter that I received today via email......... And some people say that I'm an asshole on the water! Those people need to look in the mirror... I hope to take Aaron up on his offer to catch some Rockfish because Jennifer and I have been spending alot of time in New Bern lately as Savannah has turned into the Sugar Plum Fairy


Capt Moore -
>
> Good afternoon/evening.  I have followed your blog for a very long time and have thoroughly enjoyed your posts and have been envious of your fish killing abilities!
>
> I am certain you will not recall, but a number of years go when you had your Maycraft/Honda rig, you gave me some tips on catching sharks between Shack & Carrot Island via the NC Waterman site.  At the time I was wrapping up ECU and about to get married, and fished as much as I could with my Dad on the weekends.  Based on your tips, our very first shark hunt we caught 15 -20 fish anywhere from 10# up to 150# or so that day.  Without question, we were, and still are, hooked on that game!    
>
> Fast forward about 12 years to now, and we have caught hundreds of sharks in the very same spot.   Our best to date was caught July 2011, a bull pushing 300# by our very unscientific guess.  Making it better, I now have a 6 year old son and we continue to fish for sharks with my dad, three generations fishing together, all started because of your reports and generosity in sharing your knowledge.  Thank you, you have contributed to many memories that will be cherished in our family for many years to come!
>
> On a side note, my brother-in-law might have crossed paths with you recently.  He works with the Ferry system too and has been in Manteo running the same ferry route you are currently on, Chad Bond.  My son and I are planning on trout fishing with him this weekend in Belhaven.
>
> If you ever make it to New Bern, I'd like to meet you and we can try and catch a rockfish together.  We caught a ton last winter, usually just before dark.
>
> Thank you again!
>
> Aaron Simpson

2 comments:

Michael Cioffi said...

Hello Friends I have followed your blog for a very long time and have thoroughly enjoyed your posts and appreciated your fish killing abilities

Capt. Marty said...

Thanks Michael. Its been very slow lately. Late season Hurricanes are extrememly bad for the fishing guide business in my experience. Also, I have been working far too much on my other job. Its time to re-establish my priorities! I am here to FISH not be a night watchman on a damn Ferry Boat....