Friday, December 28, 2012

Dec 28 Largemouth Bass were Chewing


On the prettiest day in quite some time, wouldn't you know my morning was shot on an errand to New Bern.  Later in the afternoon, I was finished and bored and it was too late to launch the boat.... So, I packed up a handful of Freshwater stuff and headed over to Lake Bernauer. This spot is too big to be a "Mung Hole" and Korey runs the show here, so I named it after him.... In warm weather it has plentiful and healthy Bass and possibility for great Bream fishing. In other words, its Fishing potential exceeds the other local "Mung Holes" as well. Korey has seen a pair of 5 pound Bass in the past. So, honestly, this is a regular ole Pond just like I fished in Garner, Fuquay, and Greenville in my earlier years.... Anything is possible! How about today? Well, it was as good as I'd ever expect it in the winter. I found an area holding Bass and I worked them over with a Beetlespin. A lot of fun and my fishing fix is in.... From 4pm until 5pm, I caught 16 Largemouth Bass with probably 6 of them slightly over 1 pound. On my lightest spinning rod with 6# test, it was a blast and I saw many, many great jumps and tailstands...... Not a Citation Speckled Trout by any means, but still a good amount of action and a very "game" fish! Total Catch for the Day: 16 Largemouth Bass up to 1lb 4oz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Pack

Fishing Lights said...

Innovative way of fishing..great effort...nice information..