Monday, January 13, 2014

Jan 13- Hatteras Bound

Back to Work. I'm not happy. Got a Day Shift so there isn't much of a chance to have any fun..... It sucks because, even though it's the DEAD OF WINTER at home...... Even though Beaufort Inlet is 40-50 miles SOUTH of here.... Despite that, Fishing is ALIVE and WELL on Hatteras Island! The Ocean temp is much warmer than it is in adjacent waters both to the north and south, especially at Cape Point........ Now every Cape has a Point, but right now I am referring to Cape Hatteras and "the most famous Cape Point of all". The surf up here is teeming with Red Drum. No surprise here, it's been that way for months! There are also Speckled Trout and Flounder around. Not many, but enough to keep casting. If that ain't enough, there are days when Big Ass Sharks are right in the surf zone. I'm not talking Dogs here.... Anything is possible from Sand Tigers to Tigers to Sandbars to Hammers to Threshers...... I even heard of a Mako Shark released from the Beach 2 weeks ago. I said before, and I'll say again. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a Great White Shark cruising the surf line up here... Anything is possible! And I'm working Days..... Damnation!

1 comment:

Micheal Alexander said...

This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Fish Mount Combination Packages